Saturday, May 3, 2008

Check It Out!! Do It!!


When I started this blog, I added a section called "My Favorites". I added it because I wanted people to have a resource - a special list that, no matter what you clicked on, you found something that was meaningful and encouraging. The funny thing is, I didn't realize that I'd be utilizing it as much as I do!!

I want to introduce my latest addition to this list because it's super special. It is called "Dwelling In The Secret Place" and it is the blog of Schlyce Jimenez, a wonderful minister and a cool woman.

Schlyce has been a signpost for change in my life! The first time I met her, she spoke at my church and (for me) her dynamic message fell so EXTREMELY flat that I knew something was wrong! Hahaha! I talked with God about it, and as a result, He showed me deep-seated beliefs I held that were completely wrong. It was a revelation about the kind of father He is, and refusing disappointment. (Check out the blog post here.)

It's only gotten better from there. I've had encouraging words from her that gave me the strength to keep pressing forward in difficult seasons. She has exemplified the sort of father-daughter relationship that I want with God. And on top of all of that, she's so relatable and REAL that it's impossible for me to fall into the trap of discouraging comparisons (i.e. "She's so much better than me!!"). To put it in layman's terms: She rocks.

Check out the link, read her blog, look into her ministry, and be blessed. God is pouring seriously good things through her. Don't miss out!

No comments: