Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ireland, Here I Come!

^_^

I'm back! It's been too long, but I'm here now!

As I looked back on 2006, I realized that 2006 was probably the best year of my life. It was a wonderful thing to realize! So much blessing, so much revelation...God has been very good to me. But even as I thought about that, I felt the Lord pointing out something to me.

Let me preface with a story. For Christmas this year, my fabulous older brother bought my sisters the Nintendo Wii. They were screaming and jumping around and hugging everyone, and it was so much fun to watch them! They were so excited and happy I found myself feeling a little jealous! I was like, "Lord, why is it that birthdays and Christmases aren't as exciting to me anymore?" I didn't really expect a response, so I was surprised when these words just dropped into my heart.

"Sam, it's because you don't ask for big enough stuff."

Wow. How many times do we miss out on the excitement and adventure, simply because we have taught ourselves to be satisfied with "just enough to get by"?

God has been showing me in so many areas of my life that I don't depend on Him enough! With all the beautiful growth in my life, you'd think I should be satisfied, right? Wrong!

The bible says that God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we could ever ask or think. One of the names of God is El Shaddai or "more than enough". God wants to pour out His love, guidance, and provision on our lives.

So to practice trusting God for bigger, I'm going to start dreaming again, and for Christmas next year, I'm asking for a trip to Ireland!

God bless you!

Samantha

No comments: