Friday, November 24, 2006

Taking A Breather

Do you ever hear something from God....and then He repeats Himself like twenty times? It seems like everything you read or hear is on the subject He was talking about?

I need to spend more time with Him. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to produce all this change instantaneously, and it's been crazy. I have such favor at school and work, I find myself really, really busy. I want the changes He's been working in my heart to be evident in my daily life, but my priorities have been messed up.

Today, when I was looking through my usual blogs, I heard a really good suggestion. Setting aside a time or day for a "date" with God. The immediate reaction was, "I don't have time" but that's just not true. I can ask for a day off and go spend time with Him. Get out of the house and just spend sometime hanging out, worshipping, and praying. The very idea feels refreshing and I can't wait to try it!

Merry Christmas!

Sam

No comments: