Sunday, November 26, 2006

Feeling PUMPED!!!

MAN. What a Sunday service! It was so good.... I barely know where to start.

My brother gave the offering message. Now you're thinking, "Oh HO! That's why she says that the Sunday service was great." Nope. Yes, it's nice to see your sibling progressing on the path God has for him, but I was praying that his message would get through to me. I didn't want to dismiss what he was saying just because he's my brother. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that rot.

Well, my prayer was answered. Praise the Lord, God got me right between the eyes with the offering message! He was talking about giving control of your finances over to God. I just condensed the subject of the message and left out a TON of points that he made, because I want to suggest something. Click the link over to the right hand side of the page that is marked: My Church. It's under my favorites, right above Dear Natalie and my pastor's blog link. Then, once you are on Empower's website, underneath the banner at the top of the page is a place that says Look & Listen. Click on that and you'll be able to find today's message.

If you have never checked out the links that I've provided, PLEASE! This is the time. I don't spam people and I'm not one to send chain emails. I know your time is precious and I wouldn't suggest it if I wasn't sure that you were going to be blessed by it. If the offering message doesn't teach you something and show you something new, the sermon Pastor Barlow preached will get you. If (by some amount of craziness and you are like a spiritual giant) you don't receive anything from the sermon, the missionaries that speak after the sermon will bless your heart!

I was so blessed today. My Father confirmed some of the things He has been speaking to my heart and He challenged some of my ideas about life in general. As it is, I'll have to go over the sermon notes again a couple more times, just so I know that I really GOT it all. God is so good, folks. He is the perfect Father, ever loving and everlasting. If you want to learn and grow, He'll take you by the hand and teach you. If you are wounded and hurting, He'll wrap His arms around you, comfort you, and heal you. He will NEVER leave you or forsake you, no matter what you are getting into. He loves you more than you could ever realize or imagine!!

Check out the link, and be blessed!!

Hugs,
Sam

No comments: