Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Look At Glory

Funny, I haven't posted something brand new to this blog in while. Even the newer things I've posted haven't been truly new to me because they are reposts of things that I have on my facebook. But as I looked at the stats on this blog, I saw that people liked some of these "wondering" posts.

Since being at Bethel, I've heard messages where Pastor Bill highlights the scripture where God shows Moses His back? It's rather long, but I'm going to post it anyway:

13"Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, let me know Your ways that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight. Consider too, that this nation is Your people."

14And He said, "My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest."

15Then he said to Him, "If Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here.

16"For how then can it be known that I have found favor in Your sight, I and Your people? Is it not by Your going with us, so that we, I and Your people, may be distinguished from all the other people who are upon the face of the earth?"

17The LORD said to Moses, "I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name."

18Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"

19And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."

I find it interesting that when Moses asked to see God's glory, God showed him His goodness, His graciousness, and His compassion. Interesting.

Having said all that, I'll repost what I said earlier in the year:


"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

What is Glory?? Seems pretty important in the bible and like it might be a good idea to define.

Glory

Glo"ry\, n. [OE. glorie, OF. glorie, gloire, F. gloire, fr. L. gloria; prob. akin to Gr. ?, Skr. ?ravas glory, praise, ?ru to hear. See Loud.]1. Praise, honor, admiration, or distinction, accorded by common consent to a person or thing; high reputation; honorable fame; renown. Glory to God in the highest. --Luke ii. 14.

Glory

Glo"ri*ous\, a. [OF. glorios, glorious, F. glorieux, fr. L. gloriosus. See Glory, n.]1. Exhibiting attributes, qualities, or acts that are worthy of or receive glory; noble; praiseworthy; excellent; splendid; illustrious; inspiring admiration; as, glorious deeds.



I'll ask it again: What is glory? How would God define glory? What is HE describing when He uses the word "glory?"

Interesting. Very interesting. Have a good night!

No comments: