Monday, May 21, 2007

Another Look At Our Testimony



All right folksies, this is the last post about faith and trust. (Do I hear cheering?? O_O) I hope you all got something from it! If nothing else, it's helped me to be bolder about believing God for big things.

Remember how I said that I have a history or subconscious database of expected behavior for my parents? That history of expected behavior helps me to lean on them when I need help. Well, I wanted to tell you that there is a history of expected behavior for us in our relationship with God! It's called our testimony!!

Think back. How many times has the Lord saved you from something? That time a car almost hit you, or the time you didn't think you had enough money to pay a bill but it got paid somehow, or the time you needed help with school, or the time your car wouldn't start, or the time you got lost. What were the first words out of your mouth? "Oh Lord!" These are all things that you asked God for help with. Maybe you weren't even a Christian then, so you didn't have a reason to trust God, but you asked Him for help anyway. And He came through for you.

Those memories and those experiences help us to get into the habit of relying on God. But if we just take those victories and forget about them, they don't really do us any good. As we share our testimony, not only does it encourage the people listening, but our own hearts get blessed! I can't tell you the number of times that I've been sharing something the Lord did for me with someone and it ministered to me! I'll be telling someone about a breakthrough, and hearing that story again encourages me in another area of my life. It makes me want to jump out and believe God for big things, just entrust my life to His hands fully! Dwelling on that act of God's mercy and love will help bond your heart to God's.

Psalm 71:5&6
O Lord, you alone are my hope. I've trusted you, O LORD, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother's womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!

So share the victories that God has given you, big or small. Someone out there needs to hear it, plus you'll be cheered by telling it!!

God bless you all!!
Sam

No comments: