Saturday, March 24, 2007

True Friends

The past couple of days have been a blast! I got to hang out with a few of my friends in between work. On Friday, I hung out with Sarah, Natalie, and my sister Abby. We went to see the movie "The Ultimate Gift". (If you want to know more about the movie, click here name to see Sarah's review!)

Tonight, I was invited to go see my friend Rebecca perform in a swing dance competition. I left work a little early, got lost about six different times, and used up all my cell phone's battery life getting directions from my dad, but I managed to get there before the competition started! All the craziness of getting there was SO worth it. Not only is West Coast Swing awesome and highly entertaining, but everyone was nice as nice as they were extremely talented! On top of that, Rebecca and her partner won first place!! =D

But all of that fun got me thinking. Friends are important. They can either pump you up or bring you down. So I'll ask you: Who are your TRUE friends? Do you have anyone in your life that you talk to about silly and life changing things? Can you share your heart with the people you hang out with?

I've been having a really good year. 2006 and 2007 have been filled with new friends and reconnecting with old friends. The Lord has brought people into my life that support me and challenge me. I can't just say or do any old thing anymore without having a bunch of people ready to hold me accountable!

If you don't have any friends you feel comfortable opening your heart to, remember you can always talk to God. He'll listen to you, just the way that a friend does. He wants you to share yourself with Him like that anyway!

John 15:15 "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

No comments: