Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Isaiah 54

I've never before realized how personal God is. He answers us so personally. He's not out there, floating around, busy with so many other things that He barely has time for us. He's right here, nose to nose with us, and He cares.

Last night, I was so troubled. I couldn't go to bed for a long time. I spent a long time on the floor just crying out to God. This morning, I didn't get out of bed until I had spent some time just praying. All day I've been kind of going through the motions, just watching for where God's answer was going to come from.

When I got home from work tonight, I was looking through my mail and I found a letter from Kenneth Copeland Ministeries and they included some scripture cards. There was my answer! Every scripture touched that sore spot and was like water. This one really spoke to me though:

Isaiah 54:11-13 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundation with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Amazing.

No comments: