Saturday, November 18, 2006

Trusting God

Whichever way we go in life, we have to consult God for directions. Whatever we want to do, whatever result we want to see in our lives, God has the answers.

Have you ever found yourself somewhere and you have no idea how you got there? Not literally, but figuratively. Sometimes, because of pressure or fear, we take the easy road or a detour and suddenly, we wind up somewhere insane!

Example: I'm graduating college in a couple weeks. I'll have a degree in culinary arts, one that I worked very hard for. But the sad thing is, I'm not passionate about culinary and I know that I don't want to cook for the rest of my life.

Praise God, I know that God can use the skills I've obtained, plus, I know that I've grown a LOT in culinary school. It wasn't a complete waste of time. But what would have happened if I had trusted God in the first place and asked Him what He wanted me to do?

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Blessings,
Samantha

No comments: