Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Brazen Posting

There are times when I realize that I shield my vulgar humanity from God's view. You know what I mean? The coarser side, the dirtier flaws. There's an idea lurking that I need to work on those things on my own for a bit and get them tidied up before I can let God have a go at them. Like God would be offended or surprised by anything I did!! Ha!

I like to think that I post helpful things on here. That I'm willing to post about the lessons that I've learned that trained my "uglier" side. But a friend of mine just posted a story that totally blows my illusion of transparency out of the water.

It's gritty, it's strongly worded, it's uncensored. But I honestly believe that it touches on a topic that we need to think about. Don't be offended. Hear the message. Grow.

Check it out.

6 comments:

Cait said...

OH SAM!

I miss you and your sisters! I am so blessed that I was able to spend time with you, though it was so short. Thank you for welcoming me, encouraging me, and hugging me; it made me feel special. I hope to be coming back soon, and if I do I'll be sure to fill you in!

Spread the love! XOXOXOXO

Samantha F. said...

Awwwwwwwww Cait!!! It was such a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you! Sarah has such good taste in friends!! ^_^

Yes, you must come back and visit - SOON!! You're a real sweetheart Cait, and I know that God has amazing plans for your life!

How's your business doing?

Joy said...

Sam... I can still call you Sam, right? I forget what you prefer. Sam, Sammy, Samantha Me-Mi-Mo-Mantha.... I really like you. I do. If I do write a book, I'll be begging you for a little blurb to print on the back.

And ha ha... thanks for not being offended :) It's funny how little scribbles on a paper or screen can be so powerful. I hope I never become flippant with words that carry extra weight... but I also don't want to stop short of telling the truth in the best way that I know how.

Samantha F. said...

Hi Joy!

I answer to anything and everything, even "Jeremy"! I still like all my old nicknames, but thanks for asking!

Honestly Joy, I wouldn't change a thing about that post. It was so perfectly, shamelessly blunt. We hide SO MUCH from other people, from family, from friends, from God. Then when we do learn a lesson, we so rarely share what we've learn for fear of exposing our weakness and shame!

What image are we trying to protect?? Were we so beautiful before we admitted we need God? I don't know about anyone else, but I was a screaming mess!!

So thank you for posting, girly. That gritty honesty IS potent. Has to be dosed out with the Holy Spirit's hands holding yours. But you did it just right. It touched my heart.

Joy said...

oh, and don't forget to tell me your dave duell story.

Cait said...

Sam,

I hope to come back frequently. :) We'll see.

My business is going well... I am not booked right now so I'm spending my time getting everything in place so that I'll be set up when I start getting more clients. I am very excited about what the future holds and I can't wait to see what God has for me! Keep in touch!